Jason K. Demarest
Jason is a licensed and registered architect in New York State and has his own architectural practice. He has worked on numerous projects in the Central NY community since 2001.
Most importantly Jason has a real-world philosophy, derived from hands-on construction experience and his education at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. This is evidenced by good working relationships with the local contractors & municipalities. His approach has a strong technical and engineering basis blended with the traditional design aspects of scale, proportion, and aesthetics found in the architectural profession.
Jason’s primary areas of interest include sustainable land use planning and architectural design, alternative energy, synergetics & tensegrity structures, alternative transportation systems, and affordable housing.
2007 to present – Owner, Jason K Demarest Architecture DPC, Ithaca, NY
- Sole owner & principal of firm
- Commitment to Building Information Modeling
- Focus on progressive design strategies including advanced building technologies, geothermal systems, healthy design philosophy, and overall sustainability.
2001 to 2006 – Tallman & Demarest Architects, Ithaca, NY
- Responsible for day-to-day operations
- Project architect and manager
- Full partner in firm
1995 to 2001 – Tallman & Tallman Architects, Newfield, NY
- Experience in all facets of design development
- Oversaw and implemented design-build solutions
1990-1992 – Knewstub Construction, Ithaca, NY
- Carpentry and general construction experience
1990 to 1995 – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Bachelor of Architecture
- B.S., Building Science
- Minor in Psychology